It’s always important to start with a bang - well, that’s what I heard anyway. Which, in my case, was pretty much me almost missing the plane that almost crashed.
Or it could be the fact that I’m positively colourblind now - here’s what I thought was a matching pair of socks when I got dressed at 3:15 AM.
Anyway, I arrived to Glasgow roughly at about 1 PM and it was fucking freezing. Here’s a fun fact; autumn’s at full swing here. Leaves are turning red and brown, and it’s 13 ºC during the day. I won’t be wearing my gnarly black shorts any time soon, I reckon.
Yeah, I took a walk in Kelvingrove park after I checked into my room and guess what? That’s when I took my first glance at my future uni, starting next Monday:
However, that’s not the only thing I learned. Apparently the British DO love to play cricket, and they do it out and proud. It’s not an urban legend, guys! I know, I know, it sounds like just another boring stereotype but let me prove my point:
Also, I’ve met my newest suitor, Albert, who was more than happy to pose for some pictures. (He’s a total gent, you guys!)
So what about Glasgow in general? You’d better believe me when I say it’s stunning, and mostly just confusing - confusingly beautiful. An odd mix of old and new, Art Nouveau and Victorian chic. Massive baroque blocks hiding behind modern high-risers built of glass and metal, greasy spoon diners right next to the most hipster-vintage-indie cafés you’ll ever get a chance to see.
But most of all, it’s peaceful. It really is. Even when you’re super stressed and sleep-deprived beyond your limits, it brings a sense of calm, a touch of light-hearted joy that gets you to a place where you wanna just lean back and enjoy the ride.
Also, I’ve found a map of Glasgow behind my bedside table so now I at least have a fighting chance to NOT get lost tomorrow when I’m gonna explore the city a little bit more. Thankies, whoever it was that left it there for me to find! You’re the bestest ;)
That’s all for today, I’m hella tired so I’m gonna go to bed now. If any of you happen to be nearby; come join me for breakfast (brunch, possibly?) tomorrow! Kisses~~
what is going through his head at times like this
Harry’s been on a roll:
- tthrowing shade in perfume interviews so hard he was literally taken out in the next one (turned out he wasn’t “feeling well”) (x)
- tweeting lyrics to a song called Secrets that basically says he’s passive aggressive and “so gay” and he doesn’t care if people know about his secrets (x / x)
- tweeting “shady warehouse” which is a very, um, not straight video (x)
- wearing a blue bandana when a fan thing said to wear bandanas in different colors depending what boy was their fav. Obviously blue was Louis’ color. (x)
- some more tweeting “It all comes out in the wash” (x)
- -not giving any fucks about what people think about him, quote “LONG HAIR DONT CARE” (x)
- giving thumbs up to people with rainbow/larry signs (x) (there’s more than this)
- wearing a Minnie Mouse bow during a show (x / x)
- taking the mic d (x)
- standing up for himself (x) but being nice about it (x)
- generally being unchill
basically harry’s cruising and it’s great. im sure there’s more, add stuff people
- wearing Michael Sam’s jersey (x)
- singing “I Will Survive” (x)
"The problem is that
You love the taste of
Alcohol stinging down
And the feeling of inhaling
The first hit of smoke that night,
More than you loved
"I imagine kissing you would feel like vodka but better"